Ways to Reduce Your Risk of Dementia
January 16, 2018
According to the Alzheimer’s Society:
- Keep physically active. As little as 30 minutes a day, 5 days per week of increased physical activity which raises your heart rate is not only good for your heart and general well-being, but it can also reduce your risk of developing dementia later in life.
- Don’t smoke
- Eat a healthy, balanced diet
- Reduce alcohol consumption
- Maintain a healthy weight. Also helps reduce your risk of developing Type 2 diabetes, stroke and heart disease.
- Exercise your brain. Challenge yourself with brain activities such as puzzles, word searches or crosswords. Try something new, such as a new game, learn a language or read a new book.